Meaning ‘angry’ in Italian, this sauce has a spicy kick to it due to red chilies. It is best served with penne pasta. Try it instead of regular pomodoro sauce for a little spice in your life.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 small red chillies, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add chillies and tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute.Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with pasta.