This recipe for Tiramisu is super quick and easy because it uses less ingredients than the typical version, but tastes just a great. This traditional italian dish consists of lady finger cookies dipped in espresso and layered with a creamy mixture of eggs and mascarpone cheese. Literally translating to ‘pick me up,’ this dessert will leave a smile on your face and probably an empty dish on the table.
- 350 g (12 oz) Italian mascarpone cheese
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) powdered sugar
- 4 or 5 Egg yolks (medium size eggs – discard the whites)
- 1 Pack of Pavesini biscuits (for this recipe I used 48 Pavesini)
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) Strong espresso coffee (cold) or coffee prepared with a moka
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder for dusting
Put the egg yolks into a large bowl. Start beating the egg yolks with a whisk and gradually add all the sugar. Keep beating until the mixture become pale yellow and thick. Add few drops of vanilla extract and stir. Now, add the mascarpone to the egg-sugar-vanilla cream and blend together. Dip the biscuits in the coffee, one at a time, for about 5 seconds, and lay the biscuits onto the bottom of the dish. Next, cover the biscuits with the tiramisù cream. Dip the biscuits in the coffee and complete the second layer of biscuits. Spread the final layer of tiramisù cream. Dust with cocoa powder, then put the tiramisù in the fridge and leave it for about 4 hours before serving it.